KoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Part 1]Missing link

Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

[Part 1]Missing link - Page 3 Empty Re: [Part 1]Missing link

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 am

Jay notices Arc's annoyance, and follows behind her.

"Hey, I'll tag along. Make sure Phen's alright and whatnot. Besides, better in pairs right?"

Jay hustles along, trying to learn the layout of the town as they go along.
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:07 am

arcane halo wrote:Arc is a little annoyed that no one seems to care, but she doesn't really wanna butt in on Phen's business. If he left his hyperlink, it may be that he doesn't want to be in contact with anyone.

Jhereshko wrote:"So, what's going on? Phen's good, right?"

"Uhm, yeah  I'm gonna go try to get his hyperlink to Phen. He really shouldn't be leaving without it." Arc says pocketing his hyperlink. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

She leaves the room, checks her gear, and goes to the address on Phen's hyperlink, planning to wait for him outside.

You see a tall building as you get there. It's a fair bit busy this time of the morning in the streets, so you might want to enter the lobby for some comfort.
    arcane halo
    arcane halo

Post by arcane halo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:11 am

Araphen wrote:You see a tall building as you get there. It's a fair bit busy this time of the morning in the streets, so you might want to enter the lobby for some comfort.

Arc sits at the lobby with Jher. Jher didn't really wanna talk about stuff back at the cafeteria so she decides to nix on the serious talk.

"I wonder if there are complimentary drinks around here"
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:15 am

"Ahh, I'm sure I can find something around here."

Looking around, he found a table with a good variety of drinks. On the sign it said "Complimentary Drinks*". There was a lot of fine print, but Jay didn't mind it. He noticed that Arc was holding back on the serious talk, which he appreciated...But he would have to get into that stuff soon enough. And then Jay's serious side...

"What're you in the mood for? I'll go snag some drinks for us."
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:18 am

arcane halo wrote:
    Arc sits at the lobby with Jher. Jher didn't really wanna talk about stuff back at the cafeteria so she decides to nix on the serious talk.

Noticing the slightly stand-offish duo, a young lawyer walks to you, coffee mug on one hand. "Excuse me, are you friends with some dark brown haired fellow, full suit, carries some sort of crossbow around?" He tries to mimick the motion of holding a crossbow.
    arcane halo
    arcane halo

Post by arcane halo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:20 am

Araphen wrote:
    arcane halo wrote:

Noticing the slightly stand-offish duo, a young lawyer walks to you, coffee mug on one hand. "Excuse me, are you friends with some dark brown haired fellow, full suit, carries some sort of crossbow around?" He tries to mimick the motion of holding a crossbow.

Arc eyes the man suspiciously. If she denied it, it'd be pretty easy to uncover the lie. "Yeah sure, why do you ask?"
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:24 am

Jay, deciding against heading for a drink now, crosses his arms and leans on Arc's chair. He stares daggers to the lawyer's eyes, now both curious and concerned with what this man had to say.

"Who are you, if I can ask first?"
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 am

arcane halo wrote:Arc eyes the man suspiciously. If she denied it, it'd be pretty easy to uncover the lie. "Yeah sure, why do you ask?"

"He's been here today, wanted to talk some business. But..." He scratched his head for a while, he seemed to struggle to speak of it. "It's just all happened at once, these guys came in and got him while he was in the lobby today. Heavily armored, told him to follow them or face the consequences. They didn't look like they're from Heroes Inc. so I was wondering if he was ok." He felt a bit better with that out of his mind. "They looked pretty tense, and stuff."

Jhereshko wrote:Jay, deciding against heading for a drink now, crosses his arms and leans on Arc's chair. He stares daggers to the lawyer's eyes, now both curious and concerned with what this man had to say.

"Who are you, if I can ask first?"

"Oh! I'm Damion, I have a room here, for my busy work. We have a gunsmith on floor four, so your pal's been giving a visit to her sometimed. We talked like... twice? He's a good listener." The lawyer replied with a sheepish smile.
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:40 am

Jay stood up. Phen kidnapped? That wasn't good news. While the guy can take care of himself, this was quite the situation. Though hearing it before...

"Wait, heavily armored? That soldier, Arin, was talking about some new faces that had heavy armor. Apparently only saw them at later hours. Whatever the case, this is now pretty much a priority to figure out what's going on."

While about to pace away, he steps back.

"Nice to meet you, Damion. I appreciate you letting us know what happened. This is...I dunno what to think right now. My mind's in all directions."
    arcane halo
    arcane halo

Post by arcane halo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:43 am

Arc calls up MM and Ty on the hyperlink. As they're sparring right now, the Hyperlink automatically redirects to the interface, and her voice is heard in the room like on a PA.

"Guys, emergency, Phen's been abducted. We're heading back to you."
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 am

Jhereshko wrote:Jay stood up. Phen kidnapped? That wasn't good news. While the guy can take care of himself, this was quite the situation. Though hearing it before...

"Wait, heavily armored? That soldier, Arin, was talking about some new faces that had heavy armor. Apparently only saw them at later hours. Whatever the case, this is now pretty much a priority to figure out what's going on."

While about to pace away, he steps back.

"Nice to meet you, Damion. I appreciate you letting us know what happened. This is...I dunno what to think right now. My mind's in all directions."

"Oh God, so it is bad news, eh?" Damon dropped the smile, though he was partly expecting the worst already. "They headed east from here, I know, I was looking from my window. They were heading to the coast. I hope that helps."
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 am

"The coast? I know the area. I'll head there and scout it out. Meet me there."

Jay noted this in his Hyperlink, nodded to Damion, and sprinted out of the building, hovering over to the coast. Trying to keep himself concealed from anyone looking around, Jay searched for anything to note. He tries to feel around for Phen's life energy, or anything unnatural as well.
    arcane halo
    arcane halo

Post by arcane halo Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:56 am

Arc heading back to home base, tried to take note of the environment.
    Were the people acting any different? No one? Wouldn't people notice an armored group of men abducting someone?

Where could they have gone, without drawing attention? Transportation? Something that didn't stand out?

But nothing was different, it meant they must've been something inconspicuous. She stops in her tracks.

"They headed east from here, I know, I was looking from my window. They were heading to the coast. I hope that helps."

If they were heading to the coast, then they were probably moving onto another form of transportation. She links up to Jher. "Jher, do you see any suspicious vehicles along the coastline?"
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 am

Jhereshko wrote:"The coast? I know the area. I'll head there and scout it out. Meet me there."

Jay noted this in his Hyperlink, nodded to Damion, and sprinted out of the building, hovering over to the coast. Trying to keep himself concealed from anyone looking around, Jay searched for anything to note. He tries to feel around for Phen's life energy, or anything unnatural as well.

As you approach the coast line, you see two boats on the shore. One is already leaving for the sea as you notice. The other boat is still being manned up, apparently, as there are plenty armored dudes in front of it --presumably the ones Arin and Damion talked about--.

Before you can do anything, though, you are shot at. You notice it isn't a bullet, but some sort of beam that was shot. It barely misses you, but they're going to keep firing, staying mid-air is going to be risky.
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:03 am

"There's two boats here. One's pretty far out, and one's being loaded up. Still a few armored peeps the- WHOA!"

Jay just gets out of the beam, and just notices the beam can continue going. Jay drops to the ground, in an alleyway between two buildings. Seems that he'd have to go by foot from here on out.
    arcane halo
    arcane halo

Post by arcane halo Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:03 am

As she links up to Jher Arc whips out her weapon and latches onto some decorative protrusion from building wall and pulls herself up. She sees Jay near the coast, and sees the attack.

"Shit"

She rushes over using her weapon to draw her closer as fast as she can.

A few meters away she lands on the ground, and stealthily runs up to the enemy camp.
    mudkipmaster
    mudkipmaster

Post by mudkipmaster Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:05 am

MM and Ty come riding in on the Turbow. The beam that missed J conveniently manages to hit one of MM's turbo-fans....causing Ty and MM to head down...and down...and down...
    Typhlosion
    Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 am

Ty, seeing the ground come rushing up, thinks that he'll never ride a Turbow again. Thinking, Ty spies a chance, firing a laser into the side of a skyscraper, jumping towards the whole, dragging MM with him. Having just caused a few thousand dollars of property damage, Ty takes the stairs down.
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:12 am

Jay keeps at a slight hover over the ground, and heads over to rush towards Arc, keeping himself as stealthed as possible. He keeps himself ready to rush in when someone makes the call to head in.
    mudkipmaster
    mudkipmaster

Post by mudkipmaster Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:13 am

MM feels like a pillow as he's dragged along by Ty down the stairs of the building he just destroyed.
    Araphen
    Araphen

Post by Araphen Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:19 am

There are five men outside, as they shoot Jay, you can see tree of them are moving out and going for Jay's general direction. You don't know how many are inside the boa2 that's left. The other is already far into the sea. They're fast.

The men are heavily armored and carry both a beam rifle and some long knife at their belts. Some of them seem to have something extra besides that.

When the turbow crashes, they stop, weapons ready. They know you're after them now, and are more than willing to hold their ground.

Front-line:
    Marine 1: 350/350; Base attack: 40.
    Marine 2: 800/800; SP: 10/10; Base armor: 30; Can use Cover (will take all damage targeted to a specific ally for one turn, 4 SP).
    Marine 3: 450/450; SP: 50/50; Can use Super Charge and V.

Back-line (only arc and MM can reach those so far):
    Marine 4: 600/600; SP: 40/40; Has a healing psychic module (can use the Heal synergy).
    Marine 5: 500/500; Base attack: 20; Has a sniper scope (cannot miss).
    Jhereshko
    Jhereshko

Post by Jhereshko Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Before the men reach the group and can attack, Jay realizes a member of their group hasn't been informed of the situation. Tapping his Hyperlink, he sends a message to Vriz.

"Hey man, to give you the heads up, we're all over here by the shore. Phen's been kidnapped by these heavy armored guys. We could use your help-Gotta go!"
    V
    V

Post by V Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Jamer sealed the lord's movements. MM kept his distance from one of the castle’s towers while Poiuy, Vriz, and Wreks took him head on. Stopping the day demons rose and humans fell seemed an easy task for the group. That is, until he revealed his true form. The ground trembled, the castle crumbled, and the heroes were dwarfed by the mighty demon.
    Vriz’s dream ceased at that point. He didn't know what to make of it.

Nevertheless, it was another day. Vriz got up and did his usual morning routine. He stayed at a resort hotel, far from the other five. He hadn't seen them since JAVMAT and never showed interest in getting more acquainted.

“Oh fuck.” Vriz realized his Hyperlink’s battery died overnight.
    He put it to charge and turned it back on. Fortunately, all he missed was a message that confirmed there were no missions, yet again.

Just when he was about to leave the room, he heard the notification sound go off from the Hyperlink. It was a message from J.
    Typhlosion
    Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 pm

[Part 1]Missing link - Page 3 28cldab: 140/140
    [Part 1]Missing link - Page 3 V6qfqv: 25/25
    [Part 1]Missing link - Page 3 343ss2a: 190
    Running out of the front of the building, Ty sets MM down from his firefighter's hold, before turning to the enemy. He spies five enemies, but two were out of reach. Activating his gauntlet, Ty snarled, muscles growing, charging at the first Marine.
    RNG Master
    RNG Master

Post by RNG Master Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 pm

The member 'Typhlosion' has done the following action : Dices Rolls

'[DD] Ty' :
    [Part 1]Missing link - Page 3 Ncpapdr

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:10 am